Saturday, June 14, 2008

REI Garage Sale - Atlanta Edition

So last night, I decided to go onto the REI website and see if there is a store anywhere around here, because I wanted to buy a frisbee. Not only was there a store in Atlanta, but it was having its Garage Sale or "Scratch and Dent" sale, as they called it, this morning! I couldn't find any other Lieutenants who wanted to go with me, so I made the trek by myself. The website said no camping, so I decided to get up early this morning. I woke up at 7, but was still tired, so I went back to sleep. I dragged myself out of bed at 9, got ready, and was out by 9:45. There was alot of construction, so I got to REI at about noon. The sale had opened at 10, but there was still quite a bit. I tossed around the idea of getting a bike, of which there were quite a few, but I ended up just getting a pair of snowboarding gloves. I still saved like $45 on the gloves, so I didn't make out too bad. People are the same wherever you go - crazy about sales. Even after 2 hours of the sale being open, people were rushing around, grabbing things, and just generally intense. Oh, PS, I didn't find a frisbee...just a bunch of frisbee golf discs. But Atlanta is a cool city. Might check out a Braves game next weekend. More to come.

No comments: