Sunday, June 22, 2008

Army and Church

Today, I went to church for the first time on a military post. I was apprehensive. It was different. Military and church are two areas of my life that have always been separate. I have always seen the military as a profession where people don't show much emotion or sing (outside of off-key cadences). That wasn't what I saw. I saw men and women (mostly men) singing We Want to See Jesus Lifted High at the tops of their lungs. The only differences were the in-shape people and the hair cuts. I still felt uncomfortable. I am comfortable in a church setting and a military setting, but I think it will take some time for me to grow accustomed to the mix of the two.

I got a free donut, so I think I'll go back next week.

3 comments:

Becca said...

probably has nothing on DK.

Matt Gilroy said...

True...it was just a lowly Krispy Kreme.

Alex Hackett said...

glad to hear you haven't sold your soul to the devil like andrew has. we went to real life today and it was decent. glad to hear you're doing well and relating life with food. i head up to alaska next saturday and will be up there for a month. take it easy.