Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Little Update

Alright, it's been about a week, so here goes. This past week was spent mainly at several firing ranges. I successfully grouped, zeroed, and qualified with the M4 Carbine rifle. It took me a few tries at the pop-up range, but I qualified. We did some standing, quick reaction fire on Thursday, also. My platoon ran that range, so I spent most of the day stapling paper targets onto silhouettes. Friday was a day off, so me and 3 other guys drove down to Panama City, Florida. We spent 3 days and 2 nights there. Friday and Saturday were both absolutely beautiful days. We played frisbee, volleyball, whiffle ball, football, and swam in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. There are a surprising number of resorts and condos along the Panama City coast. We got back today at 3. Tomorrow, I and my platoon we head to the field where we will stay 4 days and 3 nights in a Forward Operating Base. I will participate in a squad live fire and land navigation qualification (for the thousandth time). I will be back to the barracks on Thursday. Still no plans for the 4th, but I'm sure I'll find something. That's about it. More to come. P.S. Here are some pics from Panama City:



2 comments:

Alex Hackett said...

looks freakin sweet. a little jealous of the beach, but alas i am home in alaska now. thanks for the update

Anonymous said...

awesome beaches.

matt, the fact that the United States government trusts you with loaded guns makes me a little nervous.