Monday, June 9, 2008

Georgia is Hot

I just reported to Fort Benning, Georgia on June 8th. It has been very hot and humid. There has not been a day yet that has seen a high of less than 90 degrees. Humidity has been pretty high too, up at 50 or 60 percent. There is supposed to be rain and thunder tonight, which is strange to me, considering the high temperatures. Today, like yesterday, consisted of a lot of sitting in long briefings and waiting in long lines. Sadly, my platoon got the West Point Captain and it showed during PT. He ran us into the ground. He will probably do the same tomorrow morning. It's a tough life. I got a pretty cool roommate. He is also branching AG and we went and played basketball and threw a football around a little while ago. Here at BOLC II, we get nights off usually after 5 pm and we get weekends off. It's nice. Although, it sucks equally because we have to get up at 5 every morning (excluding weekends). Since the 4th of July is a Friday, we get a 3 day weekend. I think I will find a Georgia beach and surf or go down to Florida and chill. Funny story about basketball. Me and my roommate were the only white guys there. I felt a little out of place. They were all pretty cool, but one guy called me a stupid white boy. But I'm pretty sure I outranked him, so it was ok. Oh, PS, me and my very white roommate got schooled. That's all for now. More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

stupid white boy.
haha.

Alex Hackett said...

glad to hear you're making friends even if they have to be since you outrank them. keep us up-dated.