Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ode to Grant

So, I guess it's the new thing to devote entire posts to roommates. Andrew and Alex both wrote kind words about me, so instead of returning the favor I decided to pay it forward. So like the little kid from the 6th Sense, I am going to complement a roommate who has done nothing to me, neither good nor bad. You could say he is neutral; Swiss. A man of quality, like the Army knives and the watches. Here's to Grant.

Ode to Grant (tune of Ode to Joy)

Bruner, Bruner, is a runner
Individual toed shoes
He thinks that it is much funner
At ping pong to win than lose
He sells footware at REI
Once he worked in backpacks too
Grant has got a huge collection
Of sweet pics for you to view

Once while driving on the freeway
A ladder fell from a truck
Grant swerved to dodge the obstruction
He would have to have some luck
But he slammed his breaks on also
And he spun out of control
He came to rest on the shoulder
And survived, which was his goal

His father is also Bruner
So's his mom and sister too
They are one big Bruner family
You could say a "Bruner crew"
They had me over for Easter
I was quite thankful for that
I eat lots and gain too much weight
Grant eats and does not get fat

No comments: