Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Average Christmas Break Day

Hi all.

My average Christmas break day goes something like this (this is seriously what I have done for the past 3 days):

10:00 - Grudgingly wake up
10:00 - 10:30 - Take a shower/doll up - (This was difficult before this morning because the hot water heater was broken. This meant 30 second showers.)
10:30 - 10:45 - Eat - This generally consists of either a muffin or cold pizza.
10:45 - 12:30 - Play Civilization IV
11:30 - Kick Buster just because.
12:30 - Get pissed when the Romans take Shanghai and decide to do something else.
12:45 - Hop on the bus and see where I end up.
1:00 - Get off the bus somewhere downtown.
1:00 - 1:30 - Walk around quickly so it looks like I have some place to be.
1:30 - Wind up at the Central Library.
1:30 - 4:30 - Find a corner and read War and Peace.
4:30 - Ditch the library when I realize that the walls are closing in.
4:30 - 4:45 - Do more hurried walking.
4:45 - Go into an expensive store and pretend that I want to buy something.
5:00 - Find a dirty lunch cart and buy a burrito or some thai food.
5:00 - 5:30 - Eat my burrito and sit in the rain, wondering what I've done with my life.
5:30 - Consider calling friends.
5:31 - Realize that I have no friends.
5:32 - Think about my friends back in Nampa.
5:33 - Sigh deeply.
5:45 - Ride the #12 back home.
5:50 - Try not to make eye contact with anybody on the bus (they will try to talk to you).
6:05 - Get back home.
6:10 - 6:45 - Browse the internet. This includes checking Alex, Andrew, and the other blogs.
6:50 - Turn on the TV expecting Jeopardy, only to realize that it doesn't start for another 10 minutes.
6:50 - 6:59 - Fume.
7:00 - Happily watch Jeopardy.
7:30 - Turn off the TV.
7:30 - 9:00 - Update my blog/play more Civilization.
9:00 - 9:15 - Scrounge for food.
9:15 - Eat a muffin or some cold pizza.
9:20 - Do some push-ups.
9:30 - Conduct end of day hygiene.
9:30 - 10:30 - Play guitar. Try to write songs. Realize that I have no talent. Curse the world.
10:30 - 11:00 - Lay in bed and wonder what Grant is doing at that exact moment.
11:00 - Sleep soundly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can it be that none of us have anything to do? By the way, how's that Tolstoy treating you? I've been working on Anna Karenina, but believe me, it's slow going.

Alex Hackett said...

Well don't fret Matt, my days are similar without the Civ IV and thinking of Grant. I started my XMAS shopping today, and have one person left. I love the Internet. Well all is not well on the northern front, it is FREAKIN cold and boring. I've been trying to exercise everyday, read (effin Dostoyevsky is getting a little boring), and then wishing for someone to plow the lake so I can ice skate. I've been hanging out with Becca but she's been really weird lately so its not that great. Just wishing to be back in Nampa, laying on your guys' floor. More from me later.

Anonymous said...

grant was probably masturbating to a video of a guy cutting off his genitals.

Kyle Mayer said...

Tough life...sort of. We do have it made right now. No work or any real obligations at the moment (except you with the ARMY). I'm going to miss college.

Anonymous said...

i started war and peace last week.
then quit.

ian is inappropriate.