Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Few Christmas Words

It’s Christmas. Have a ho-ho-ho holly jolly happy holiday everybody. It’s the birth of our savior Jesus Christ and we should never forget that. Now that that’s out of the way, I can get down to business.

First, it snowed today...in Portland. That hasn’t happened since the 1930’s. I always wished for a white Christmas and it never happened, until today. Well, kind of. It didn’t actually stick, but it snowed for like 3 hours solid and it may still snow later tonight. And it will be colder, so it might actually stick. Awesome. I’m not exactly 10 anymore, so I don’t know what I will do if the snow does stick. Well, I guess that I could steal some garbage can lids and go slide around at the golf course with my buddy Sam, but even that is pretty juvenile. Just as a side note, I’m eating cherry pie watching the Suns run over the Lakers right now and my sister is hounding me to change the channel. I would consider slide tackling her if she hadn’t given my “Frog and Toad are Friends” for Christmas. And if she wasn’t sitting down right now.

I put on some weight. I was at Sam’s house yesterday and he always puts me up to little competitions against him like seeing who can curl more, and seeing who can win at NBA 2K6, both of which he won. He also put me up to the “Biggest Loser’ challenge and forced me onto his scale. Now, in my defense, I was wearing a lot of clothes and I’m pretty sure he rigged the scale. Anyways, for the first time in my life, I broke the plane of 200 big ones. I have some serious running to do this next semester.

Finally, the sophomore girls have announced that they have something new to bring to the collective this next semester. Well I do too. But instead of keeping it a secret and making a glorious entrance at the next jam session, I’m letting the cat out the bag. Yeah, I left “of” out on purpose. I’m a thug. My parents asked what I wanted for Christmas, and since this would be my last Christmas break, they wanted to get me a sweet present. My first inkling was to get a snowboard, but I realized that I would only use that a few times a year. I want something that I can use every day! For at least 2 hours a day until I can perfect it! Which will take at least 3 months! That’s right folks, my parents got me a MANDOLIN! Now, in addition to plucking on guitars and a violin, we’ve got a mand-o too!

Well that’s enough for this post. I’m going to go annoy my mom the 3 cords that I know. Everybody have great day of eating and visiting with family and friends, and more importantly, watching the nationally televised Blazer game tonight! I know I will. Have yourselves a merry little Christmas! Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got two penny-whistles for christmas.
not that i want to give up my chair behind the kit,
but, if i get good, i might be able to participate in some of the softer tunes.