Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Adrift

Hey all,

Here's a little update. I can't go much into specifics, but let me give you a rundown of my past 6 days. I have been to 5 different Military bases and am about to go to a 6th, and I have been to 4 different countries. I am carrying 4 different computers in my computer bag, which is only meant to hold 2. I have had 2 sleepless nights and slept through the day once. I have had 1 haircut from 1 Iraqi barber. I have flown first class on 1 international charter flight, been stuffed into the back of 1 C-130 and am about to be stuffed into the back of 1 Chinook. Between Iraq and Kuwait, I have seen 1 McDonalds, 1 Burger King, 1 Pizza Hut, 2 Subways, 1 Taco Bell, and 1 Starbucks, and I have eaten at exactly 0 of them. I tried to plug 1 1250v printer into one 100v converter and I fried exactly 1 100v converter. Good times. Stay posted. I may even put up some very non-descript pictures. Later!

4 comments:

Alex Hackett said...

why do you have some many laptops? thats the real question i want answered. good to hear from you. stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Hi,Matt...Can't you stay put? Your blog-mails must get out of breath chasing you around! We're having a quiet Sunday with everyone gone to Hallow'een parties. Good News! We ordered a cell phone to replace our land line. It's coming his week, and we'll send you the new number when we get it. Your whole family loves you,misses you, and eagerly awaits your return... your Fam.

Anonymous said...

Hi,Matt...
It,s Thursday Nov.5 and we're in for a rainy week; yesterday was beautiful so I raked the leaves in the backyard (long overdue). Mandi got back home safely and we have many boxes of her "stuff", and Grandmas's sewing machine and trunk. Ryan got his first pay at his temp job "it,s a great feeling!" he says. I'm still looking. Write back when you can, Matt. Love from your fam.

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt...Jut us again. IMPORTANT!
We got a cell phone a few days ago and we cancelled our land line effective Tuesday Nov. 10th. Starting Nov 11th our new number is
503-382-7612.
All our love, Matt...Your fam.