Sunday, January 25, 2009

I've Taken Up Painting

So here's the deal,

I have some extra time in the evenings and on the weekends. Playing music gets old, reading isn't engaging enough, and watching TV is just a waste of time. It was time for a new hobby. Painting! I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a thing about painting other than what I learned in Survey of Art and Music class. So I went abstract. Really, it's borderline kindergarten material. But I like it. I'm mostly using supplies that I bought at Lowe's. The canvases and the easels I bought at Michael's. Here are my initial attempts at painting (I call them "Stalactites", "Grazing Cattle" and "Citrus Fruit in a Blue Bowl" in order:




2 comments:

Alex Hackett said...

if this isn't the most awesome thing in the world, i don't know what is! you've always talked about doing this and you actually are doing it! i love the cow's grazing one.

i also wonder how long it took you to cover that room with plastic and if the ceiling is covered too.

Matt Gilroy said...

Thanks, man! Yeah, first one didn't really turn out, but I like the cow one too. You can turn it upside down and call it cow tipping! It really only took me a few hours to cover that room, but it was quite the undertaking.