Saturday, February 9, 2008

Waiting...

So I just learned some interesting news. It turns out that I won't be going to BOLC II until February of 2009. What this basically means is that after I graduate, I will have nothing to do for 9 months. No job, no place to live, no school to go to, and most of all, no military commitments. I'm not going to enroll in a grad school for one semester and then stop. That would not be beneficial. Plus, when I actually do commission into the Army (next February), I will have the GI Bill at my disposal, which means that I can go to grad school for free. So paying for grad school makes no sense. So what should I do with myself for 9 months? Maybe I will become like Chris McCandless and just travel around for a while. Maybe I will go work on a fishing boat up in Alaska or fight some fires. Maybe I will get a work visa and just go to another country and work for a while. Who really knows? Because I sure don't.

1 comment:

Alex Hackett said...

Matt that sounds so sweet! I got nothing going on so if you think of anything sweet I'd love to tag along.